Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) combined with Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Analysis (EDX) in a single instrument provide insights into the morphology, layer structure and chemical composition, not only for an averaged surface area, but also for individual surface features
SEM works on the same principle as optical microscopy, but uses an electron beam for illumination rather than light waves. In this way, very small structures (down to a few nm) can be analyzed. In place of conventional optical lenses, magnetic fields are used for focusing. The SuSoS instrument can, furthermore, carry out EDX on any surface feature. Thus, in addition to the topography, the chemical composition of surface details can also be analyzed.
Benefits of this analyzing technique
- Imaging of surface topography and structure with ultra-high magnification
- Very high resolution
- Qualitative and quantitative determination of the chemical composition of any surface feature
- Applicable to any material
- Ideal for quality control
Materials and Dimensions
- Conducting and insulating materials (VPSEM technology)
- Cross-section dimension: 95 mm / height: max. 10 mm
Contact us – and fathom new aspects of the properties of your product!