PAcrAm-g-(PEG, Amine, Silane)
PAcrAm-g-(PEG, amine, silane) is a random graft co-polymer with a poly(acrylamide) backbone, on which different side-chains have been reacted: poly(ethylene glycol) to impart non-fouling properties, and a combination of amine and silane binding groups for strong adherence onto silicon oxide and glass substrates. The mixture of the two (reversible and irreversible) binding groups enables a simple dip-and-rinse water-based coating procedure, as well as offering a unique coating stability in the presence of high salt concentrations, and high and low pH conditions, and commonly used surfactants. This enables the coatings to maintain their non-fouling character throughout the entire lifetime of the substrate.
Coating description: Poly(acrylamide)-graft-(PEG, 1,6-hexanediamine, 3-aminopropyldimethylethoxysilane) monomolecular coatings
Substrate examples: Glass, quartz, silicon wafers
Immobilization mechanism: Electrostatic adsorption and covalent linkage
- As surface acrive material in our Webshop
- Coated standard microscope slides – Please ask for a quote!
- Specific customer-specific substrate – Contact our sales service for more information!
Key product features:
- Reduces adhesion of proteins, bacteria and cells onto surfaces
- Simple dip-and-rinse coating procedure suitable for various substrates
- Particularly strong bonding on glass and silicon oxide substrates
- High coating stability in the presence of high salt concentrations, high and low pH and surfactants
- Functionally equivalent, fluorescently tagged versions available (as standard products).
- Easy to pattern
- References: Serrano, A.; Zürcher, S.; Tosatti, S.; Spencer, N. D. Imparting Nonfouling Properties to Chemically Distinct Surfaces with a Single Adsorbing Polymer: A Multimodal Binding Approach. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2016, 37 (7), 622–629 DOI: 10.1002/marc.201500683.
- Blocking of cell adhesion
- Blocking of protein-nonspecific signals in microscopy applications
- Non-reactive background for proteomics applications
- Non-reactive background for cell-culture applications
- Patterned biochips for controlled uptake of DNA/RNA strains, proteins, or cells