Absorption and desorption of different materials be it unwanted contamination, particles, bio films or other influence many processes on the surface. For example the success of cleaning processes depends on the interaction of the surface and cleaning agent in question. Next to these many other processes depend on the absorption and desorption properties of materials:
- Composition, structure and stability of functional polymers on substrates
- Interaction of implant surfaces with proteins and cells
- What cleaning rates can be achieved with different solvents and under varying conditions?
- Which influence do different cleaning processes have on different substrate materials?
- Interaction/binding of nano-particles with/on organic or inorganic materials
Answers to these questions can be found at SuSoS AG by investigating absorption processes with a quartz crystal microbalance QCM-D.