Knowledge of the surface chemical composition and surface structure is essential in many technologies. In the following you'll find some examples of applications that we can cover with our methods:
- Quality management (detecting contamination or deposits on surfaces)
- Analysis of contamination on surface and evaluation of cleaning processes
- Investigation of corrosion mechanism
- Failure Analysis (fault in chemical composition of material?)
- Examination of chemical modifications on surfaces (e. g. adhesion of polymer surfaces or formation of corrosion)
- Analysis of adhesive interactions on molecular level
- Characterisation of chemical composition of raw materials & their additives (e. g. sourcing of embrittling or softening of polymers)
- Interface analysis of composite materials
- Recording of joining problems (adhesive bonding, brazing, welding)
- 3-D structure analysis in microelectronics
- Detection of trace elements
- Characterisation of catalytic processes
- Imaging measurements on biological patterns
- and many more...
In order to achieve all these measurements we apply X-Ray Photoelectron spectroscopy XPS and Time fo Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry ToF-SIMS.