AziGrip4™: azide-based adhesion promoter for advanced surface functionalization.
This is AziGrip4™, SuSoS' most employed two-step surface functionalization technology. The AziGrip4™ coating platform is a robust and versatile way to functionalize any surface with polymeric chains.
AziGrip4™ reactive compounds act as a molecular glue between different polymers, hydrogels and/or other materials, such as metals, glass and ceramics.
AziGrip4™ is based on azide groups that are activated by UV-light or temperature to form highly reactive nitrenes. These are capable of undergoing C-H and/or N-H insertion reactions with neighbouring molecules, generating new chemical bonds.
The main advantage of this approach is that the all functionalizations needed for the very application is carried by the AziGrip4™ layer simplifying the otherwise complex chemistry around the device surfaces.
- Glass, quartz, silicon wafers
- Polyolefins (COC and COP), (plasma-activated) polymers
- Metal oxides (Al2O3, Ta2O5, ITO, TiO2, ZrO2, Fe2O3)
- Silicone rubber, natural latex
- Electrostatic adsorption followed by a UVC or temperature-induced, cross-linking reaction
- Covalent immobilization on polymeric substrates
- Irritation and Skin Sensitizing evaluated according to ISO 10993-10
- Cytotoxicity evaluated according to ISO 10993-5
- Acute Eye Irritation evaluated according to ISO 10993-10
- Functional test performed on parts stored in water and air over 5 years
- Evaluated according to ISO 11357-6
- Compatible with X-Ray/Gamma-Ray, Ethylene Oxide (ETO) and Autoclave
AziGrip4™ Amine, defect-free DNA immobilization coating.
Capture and retain DNA strands during demanding amplification.
AziGrip4™ Amine provides a high density of amine groups providing positive charged surface for both electrostatic and covalent bonding. The coating outperforms standard off-the-shelf chemistries (e.g. silane-amine) by providing an homogeneous and defect-free immobilization carpet for surface-coupled RNA, DNA, proteins and other functional biomolecules in challenging assay conditions.
- Excellent reproducibility at ±2Å over 80k parts produced
- Simple dip-&-rinse process for mono-layer formation
- Multiple attachment via electrostatic binding
- 2.5-D Amine-rich coils for higher functional capacity
- Cross-linked layer for record-breaking stability
AziGrip4™ EX, robust non-fouling coating.
The versatile non-fouling coating for consumables and microfluidic devices that must undergo sterilization.
AziGrip4™ EX creates a hydrostatic barrier for biomolecules.
Inspired by nature, AziGrip4™ EX inhibits the attachment of bacteria, viruses, cells, proteins and DNA with a permanent aqueous layer at the surface. This impenetrable water layer keeps the surface free from bio-contaminations, whereas alternative, more traditional approaches do actually kill cells or denature proteins leaving the contaminations attached to the surface.
AziGrip4™ IMP, permanent hydrophilicity for implants.
TiOx osteo-integration through permanent hydrophilization of implant surfaces.
Dip, Rinse, Cure. Done.
The ultrathin, hydrophilic, UV-crosslinked polymeric coating attaches a mixture of positive and negative charges to any metal surface.
This comprehends also sandblasted, large grid, and acid-etched titanium (TiOx).
The permanent hydrophilization at the surface-level makes the transport and storage of implants easy, convenient and totally safe.
- Completes and simplifies installed manufacturing processes
- Industrialized coating process
- Reduced packaging complexity and cost
- Permanent hydrophilic surface
- 𝛾-sterilization compliant
AziGrip4™ LUB, hydrophilic lubricious coating for medical devices
Permanent aqueous lubricating layer covalently linked to your medical device.
With AziGrip4™ LUB you can tune the lubricity of your medical device by controlling the cross linking and thickness of the coating. The coating supplies a thin film of water that is confined to the surface enabling enduring lubricity of the surface. A tailored adhesion layer allows coating anything from metal guide wires to polymer catheters. Due to the unique chemistry it is possible to even coat small inner lumen of devices - a feature of major relevance to minimally invasive surgery.
Features of the AziGrip4™ LUB hydrophilic lubricious coating include:
- Benchmarked ultra-low friction - COF = 0.005
- Customizable coating thickness
- Reduces biofilm formation e.g. blood coagulation, bacterial infections
- Silicone and fluorinated-polymer free
- Strongest possible covalent binding even inside tubes
- Minimum particle generation
dryGLIDE™, tunable, self-lubricious medical coating.
SuSoS' dryGLIDE™ carries a non-aqueous lubricant that delivers adjustable lubricity. And can carry medicaments.
Order, unpack, use. Done.
dryGLIDE™ is sterile by design and does not need any wetting right before use to guarantee lubricity.
– Adjustable friction to enable complex procedures.
– No wetting required to reduce the risks of infection.
– No slipperiness for easier handling, better touch feedback.
– Constant lubricity for guidewires that do not get stuck on dry spots.
– Silicone-free and PTFE-free.
Whether controlling the glide, the haptic feedback, the torque, the ability of following the vascular geometries or to properly carrying catheters and stands, wire guides treaded with dryGLIDE™ outperform their traditional alternative technologies with no compromises.
AziGrip4™ YOURS, tailored coating for your very application.
AziGrip4™ can be combined virtually with any polymeric functionalization. Talk to us to find out how we can help you.
The AziGrip4™ technology is covered by international patents controlled by SuSoS. AziGrip4™ is a SuSoS trade mark. All rights reserved.